Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Heart of Love

2 Sam 1:11-12
11 Then David and all the men with him took hold of their clothes and tore them. 12 They mourned and wept and fasted till evening for Saul and his son Jonathan, and for the army of the LORD and the house of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword.


David's heart for the Lord is so great here. He cries out even for his own enemy because he respects him as the Lord's anointed one. David and Saul were always on bad terms, but David respected Saul enough to not kill him and to even mourn for him when he died.

Our hearts needs to be like David's, because he had the heart of the Lord. His compassion and his love for the Lord led him to cry out even when those that were killing him, his enemies, died in battle. We need to have a heart just like him for the enemies that God puts in our lives, because God has called us not to only love the ones that love us, but to also love our enemies.

Father, I thank you for your love for me first of all. I know that you are so wonderful and that all creation bows down to your feet. I pray that my heart go out to all that are around me, not just those that are good to me, but those that are harder to love as well. I know that this is a tough prayer to pray for, but I truly desire a heart like yours, one that loves. And above all, let me love you more and more each day. I thank you for this time and I give you praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: