Friday, April 25, 2008

Find Strength in the Lord

1 Sam 30:5-6
5 David's two wives had been captured—Ahinoam of Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal of Carmel. 6 David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God.


This was one of David's worst times. He was going through a lot from the captive of his family to the worries of being put to death by his own men. And yet, he trusts in the Lord and looks to Him for strength.

So many times do we go through the same thing, or at least we feel like it's the end of the world like King David. We feel like everything is going down the drain or just having a bad day, or we are having a dry spell spiritually that will get us down. But like David, we must look to the Lord for His strength. Trust in Him and He will grant you peace.

Father, I look to you. I want you day and night. I pray that I may have you with me when I need you the most. I know that your strength with strengthen me and lift me up. I thank you for this word of encouragement. Let me lean not of my own strength, but the strength of your Holy Spirit. I thank you again for this. I give you all the praises in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: