Tuesday, April 22, 2008

God's Holy Soil

1 Sam 26:17-20
17 Saul recognized David's voice and said, "Is that your voice, David my son?"
David replied, "Yes it is, my lord the king." 18 And he added, "Why is my lord pursuing his servant? What have I done, and what wrong am I guilty of? 19 Now let my lord the king listen to his servant's words. If the LORD has incited you against me, then may he accept an offering. If, however, men have done it, may they be cursed before the LORD! They have now driven me from my share in the LORD's inheritance and have said, 'Go, serve other gods.' 20 Now do not let my blood fall to the ground far from the presence of the LORD. The king of Israel has come out to look for a flea—as one hunts a partridge in the mountains."


There are many things that will drive us away from the Lord. Here, David is being driven away and being pushed off Israelite soil, away from God's anointed place.

We need to return to God's place of worship and back into His presence. There are going to be hard times. Many times we will feel like we are off of God's place, so we need to return back. We feel like we are almost off of that ledge, so we need to get back in.

Father, I want to get back into your presence. I know how great you are and how anointed your ground is. I want to be in your surrounding. I want to be on your soil. I pray that I may return to your soil, and I want to be with you. I love you Lord. I pray against any attacks that drives me away from you in Jesus name. I pray for your hand over my life and to be surrounded by your Holy Spirit. I thank you Lord. I pray all these in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: