Monday, April 21, 2008

T5+: Wish List

If you could have one wish - anything at all - what would it be? Would you wish for a hot red convertible, or perhaps a million dollars? Maybe you'd choose a drastic makeover, college scholarship, great singing voice, or starring role on your favorite television show.

Shortly after Solomon became king, God appeared to him in a dream and presented an amazing opportunity. god invited Solomon to make a request. Solomon could have asked for riches, long life, or victory over his enemies. Instead, the new young king made a humble and selfless request that moved God's heart.
Give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours? (1 Kings 3:9)

Solomon asked for wisdom to govern the people of Israel according to God's will. Rather than making a self-serving request, Solomon thought of his subjects first. Because of this, God promised to bless Solomon and expand his influence.

God is not a magic genie. He won't drop a million dollars out of heaven just to impress your friends. But He wants to answer prayers that line up with His will - requests arising from a selfless heart and a desire to please Him.

I believe God wants me to desire to know Him as well as to fill the need which He shows me. The better I know the Lord, and the closer I am to Him, I will be able to hear from Him more. I must pray to the Lord daily so that I may know His will for me.

Father, I thank you for such a great life, Lord. I want to know you more. You are the glory of all the heavens and all the earth. I pray that I be selfless in what I do and to be pleasing to you. Use me in your ways, mighty or not, just use me. I thank you for just being part of your glory. I pray all these in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: