Sunday, March 23, 2008

Not To Cause A Brother To Sin

1 Cor 8:8-13
8But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.


To some people, some activities will cause them to sin, whiles others other things. God's words show me here that I am not just for myself, but also for my brother. If anything I do will cause them to sin, then I have sinned myself.

Let me not be a hinderer to my brothers in Christ, so that I can build up and not break down. Things such as going to the club; if I will cause someone to sin through that, then let me not do it, so that I can not cause my brother to sin. I need to watch what I do not for myself, but for the Lord and the Body of Christ.

Father, I thank you for these words that you have given to me. Let me take it in and build the Church. If I have ever caused any one of my brothers to sin through my own actions, then Lord forgive me. I pray that I may show others your truth and not anything that may be sinful in their eyes. Lord, I thank you. Give me the wisdom and spirit to do this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: