Monday, March 24, 2008

A Blessing To Serve

1 Cor 9:19-23
19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.


Paul shows here that it takes a lot of effort to share the gospel. He caters to the means of each individual. It is hard work to tell others about Christ, but like he says here, it is also a blessing. Let us be blessed when we work hard to build the Kingdom of God.

As I continue to serve the Lord, I know that it is tough and it is hard, but let me be encouraged to do so knowing that I will be blessed by God. I know that God has a purpose for me and that He will bless me. I know that all my efforts to serve the Lord is for the glory of God.

Father, I thank you for all the opportunities to serve you. I know that sometimes it is tough, and Lord give me strength, but I know that it is to glorify you. I know that it is a blessing to serve you and to glorify your name in all things. Let me be a servant for you. Let me share in your blessings of others. I thank you for all these things and I pray all this in Your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: