Sunday, February 24, 2008

To Understand Jesus

10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that,
" 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'[a]"

13Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable?


Jesus is explaining the parable to his disciples. He asks them that they don't understand what he is saying. He asks as if they should know what he is saying. Jesus has expectations of his disciples and wants them to better themselves.

I know that the Lord wants more from me. He has a higher standard for me. All other people didn't understand the parable, but he wants his disciples to understand them. Jesus wants me to have a higher understanding of him.

Father, let me understand you more. I know that you have a higher standard for me, but let me understand you more. I pray that your words speak to me and let me soak in everything from you. I thank you Lord and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: