Friday, February 22, 2008

T5+: Call Upon Me

Amanda, a 5-year-old girl, was riding her bike for the first time solo. Her father stood and watched as his little girl pedaled down the street. At first, her balanced was steady and it looked as if she could ride forever. However, with a sudden turn of the wheel, Amanda's bike went down.

"Daddy, help me!" she cried.

The father quickly ran to his daughter and helped her up. He wiped her tears, brushed her off, and held her until she felt safe again. This scenario may sound familiar. For most of us, we have times in our lives when we cry out for a parent or other caregiver.

However, as we get older, hugs and kisses can't quite take away the pain. Some hurts run deep; others are too numerous to kiss away. We need the help of someone greater. And the Psalmist identifies and describes such a One and what He does for those who trust in Him.
"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him" (Psalm 91:14,15).

For me, I feel that sometimes it is difficult to call out to God like this. It's always hard to see that someone cares about you. Sometimes it is hard to hear from the Lord and to know that He is there. I need to be still and know that He is there for me; He is watching my back.

You are such a good Father to me. Lord, I pray that I may call on you more and more. I thank you for being there for me and I pray that I may be still and know that you are going to walk with me daily.
Amen.

No comments: