Thursday, February 07, 2008

To First Hunger

Acts 14:8-10
8In Lystra there sat a man crippled in his feet, who was lame from birth and had never walked. 9He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed 10and called out, "Stand up on your feet!" At that, the man jumped up and began to walk.


Looking at this passage, I want to put myself in the life of this man who was lame. When I read this, I see how much he hungered for what Paul was saying, which were the words of the Lord. First he hungered for the word, then as Paul picked out, through faith, he stood up. We first need that hunger to let the Lord work in our lives.

I need to get back to the hunger of knowing God. He is my king and my savior, the one who loves me so much. I know He is always with me, wanting to do something in my life. I need to first hunger and want Him more and more.

Father, I thank you for your love for me. You are a great and awesome God who came to earth to save me. Lord, I want to hunger for you more. I want to be in your presence. I want the spark to go so that my life can be established for me. I thank you and I pray all these things in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: