Friday, February 08, 2008

Just As They Are

Acts 15:8-11
8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."


Peter shows us that we are who we are and that Jesus saved us for who we are. I don't need to be someone else to be saved. I don't need to be a Jew, nor a Roman Catholic, but just be who I am in the Lord, because it is through Christ Jesus that I have salvation.

This passage reminds me of who I am in the Lord. I know that I am in Christ Jesus, who is my Savior. God loves each one of us as we are, perfect or not. Because of this, we strive to be more like the Lord, loving and caring, so that we may please Him.

Father, I thank you for your love for your people. I know that you love me any way that I am. Let me be the way that you want me to be so that I can show you my love for you. Lord, I thank you for this word and it's encouragement in my life. I pray that I may be able to encourage others as well. In your Holy name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: