Friday, February 15, 2008

Taking Care Of Your Land

Leviticus 25:18-24
18 " 'Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land. 19 Then the land will yield its fruit, and you will eat your fill and live there in safety. 20 You may ask, "What will we eat in the seventh year if we do not plant or harvest our crops?" 21 I will send you such a blessing in the sixth year that the land will yield enough for three years. 22 While you plant during the eighth year, you will eat from the old crop and will continue to eat from it until the harvest of the ninth year comes in.

23 " 'The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants. 24 Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land.


We were talking about business and triple bottom line. One of the triple bottom line is to be sensitive to the environment. America is so full of gas and chemicals, but we are realizing that we need to take care of the environment more. Businesses are encouraged to be more Eco friendly. As Christians, we need to take care of the earth that is given to us to be on. It is God's creation and we are not to abuse it.

After reading this passage, I am encouraged to take better care of the environment and the earth. We need to recycle and keep from polluting the planet. We can all do our little part in conserving energy so that we don't damage the environment.

Father, I thank you for this creation that you made. I know that you are great and mighty and that we glorify your name. We should take care of your creation and restore it to all of its glory. I pray that I may do my part in keeping your earth a beautiful place to live on. Let me take care of your planet. I give you all the glory and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: