Saturday, February 16, 2008

T5+: In The Desert

Edward "Ward" Brehm- a founder, CEO,and chairman of two companies- felt the call of God on His life in a strange way. He felt God calling him to break from his hectic lifestyle and walk the inhospitable terrain of East Africa.

It was a five-day journey, and his encounter with the local people made it a life-changing experience. During his walk, Brehm spent time in prayer and silence before God. At the end of his trek, Brehm said, "During those days I was praying instead of planning, I listened more than I talked, I learned more than I taught."

Tribal leaders were equally impressed, giving Brehm the title Nyakan- "a brave man who faces the unknown with only faith in God." His journey brought him closer to his Creator; the walk changed him forever.
Remember how the Lord you God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart (Deuteronomy 8:2).

The Israelites walked with God in the desert. The journey could have been short. Instead, it took forty years to reach their Promised Land. Even when the israelites abandoned their faith, God remained faithful.

I handle stressful situations with a very analytical mind. I think about all the different details and the different solutions. I need to make God a part of my desicions. I need to have Him in my life even what I am stressed out or I don't know how to solve something. I need to trust in the Lord with all my heart and with all my sould and with all my mind.

Father, I thank you for this passage of your people and how they spent time with you and how you were faithful to them. Lord, I pray that I be faithful in you. I want to spend more time with you and I want to make you more of my life. I pray that you be with me and all the desicions that I make, that you be part of it. I pray that I may listen more than I speak, especcially when I listen to you. Lord, I thank you and I pray all these thing in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: