Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Know Him Through A Relationship

Acts 19:11-16
11God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.

13Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, "In the name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out." 14Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15(One day) the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?" 16Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.


The Lord my God is a powerful and mighty God. Only through Him can I do anything. It is not that I say it on His behalf, like how the seven sons of sceva did, but to be a representative of Him and all that He is. This takes a relationship with the Lord. The seven sons of sceva didn't have that relationship with the Lord, they didn't know Him. Because of this, the demon attacked them and ran them off.

To call on the name of the Lord is to know Him. I wouldn't call someone by name if I didn't know them. I have to have a strong relationship with my Lord to fight a spiritual war. I need to know the Lord my God and build the relationship in Him.

Father, I pray that my relationship with you grow stronger each day. I know that you are a mighty Lord and I strive to know you more. Lord, let this passage encourage me to talk and pray and worship you more and more each day. I thank you for your love for me and I pray this all in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: