Monday, February 11, 2008

Mighty In Scripture

Acts 18:24-26
24Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures.

25This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John;

26and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue.


This man is a sound man in the Lord. He is a testimony of those that are mighty in the Scriptures. Apollos knew God's words well and He was sharing it boldly with the people. After reading about Apollos, I see that I can also be mighty in the Scriptures.

To be mighty in the scriptures, I need to have a good relationship with the Lord. I need to know His words and know His heart. To do that, I must talk to Him more, read His words more, connect to Him more.

Father, I pray that I know you more, that I can draw closer to you. Lord, I see that you are mighty and that you are a God who is powerful. I pray that I can know you face to face. Let me be mighty in Scripture like Apollos so that I can be a great witness for you. I give you all the glory and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: