Monday, January 21, 2008

T5+: I Will Help You

Kaitlyn was grateful the bell rang as she finished her speech. She knew it would be difficult to do a speech on abstinence, but she felt strongly that she should do it. She realized it would be difficult to talk about the subject in front of her classmates, but she didn't realize how hard it would be to face them afterward. Now all she wanted to do was go home. As she gathered her things, she heard someone call her name behind her. It was Kylee, the head cheerleader. Kylee looked around, then said softly, " You know all that stuff you just talked about? Well, what if you've already messed up... is there any way to fix it?"
Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say (Exodus 4:12)

God chose an unlikely spokesman in Moses, or so Moses thought. He was intimidated at the thought of going before Pharaoh and speaking on God's behalf. He felt insignificant and highly unqualified. Although God did allow someone else to speak on behalf of Moses (see verses 14-16), God was fully prepared, and willing, to give Moses the words and the boldness he needed to do the task.

God has asked me to lead the college and young adult group, and to shepherd the ones that are straying away and need guidance. I totally feel that I am not qualified to do such a thing. I know that I am not perfect, but I also know that He also knows I am not perfect, but He still wants me to do it.

Father, I thank you that you allowed us to come to you through your Son even though we were in sin. I thank you that your Son died for me, so that I may come to you. I know that I am not perfect, and that you are working in my life. Continue to change my ways. Give me strength to fight temptation. Give me boldness to do your will. I know that you will help me. Holy Spirit guide me daily. I thank you for your word. I pray all these things in you Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: