Saturday, January 19, 2008

Once You Encounter Jesus

Luke 19:1-6
1Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man he could not, because of the crowd. 4So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today." 6So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.


When someone encounters Jesus, you can change you to be a new person. It is like your old ways are gone and you want to be this new person, one that wants to delight in the Lord. The same was with Zacchaeus. He came down at once when I encountered Jesus and wanted to change because of Him.

The power of Jesus is one that changes lives. We as Christians want to show others the goodness of Jesus, so that they also may encounter Him and be changed.

Lord, I pray that you be a God that encounters lives. I thank you for what you have done in my life and the changes that you are doing. I know that you are still working in me, but I pray that all may encounter you and delight in your Spirit. Lord, I thank you for your word. Let me change and grow more in you. I give you all the praises in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: