Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fear Of The Lord

Exodus 20:18-20
18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance 19 and said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die."

20 Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."


Sometimes I forget that reverence of God. He is a Holy being, worthy of praises. He is perfect. His name is feared. These people knew how Holy His name was. Sometimes I lose that feeling and though I have a relationship with Christ Jesus, His name is also feared.

I must remember to fear the Lord, and His name, and all that He is. The Lord my God is Lord over all the heavens and the earth and in the waters below. The Holy name of the Lord is nothing to be casually placed. I must remember that He is also my God.

Father, I thank you for your word. Let me be more fearful of You. I pray that this word speak to my heart so that I may know that you are Lord. I thank you and I pray for your forgiveness of any times that I degraded your Holiness. Lord, I pray that I may lift up your name on High, so that it may be glorified. I give you all the glory and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: