Monday, January 28, 2008

T5+: Set Apart

As a senior linebacker in high school, Michael Boulware caught fifty-six passes, had ninety-one tackles, and six quarterback sacks. As a safety for the Seattle Seahawks, he finished his rookie year with five interceptions and one quarterback sack. But Boulware's football prowess isn't the only thing that sets him apart from the crowd. At the age of 9, Boulware accepted Jesus as his Savior. That commitment never wavered. Instead of partying with his friends in high school, Boulware abstained from drinking, worked hard, and never talked back to his coaches. Now in the NFL, Boulware surrounds himself with people who will give him godly advice, so he's not tempted to give in to the greed and sin that surrounds him.
Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land (Exodus 34:12)

The Israelites were a out to enter a pagan land. God knew they would live among, and interact with, the people there. By remaining "different," the Israelites had the chance to show the power ad goodness of their God. Their very lifestyles could influence the people around them.

Some things in my life that sets me apart from those who do not follow Christ is that I have a relationship with my Lord and Savior. He is the one that I would turn to when I am in a right, as well as in a wrong. He is Lord of my life and I hope that I am able to show others through my life how great Jesus is.

Father, I thank you for this word of being set apart for you. I pray that I am able to show others that you are something special in my life. You are the one who I have Salvation through. I thank you for that. Continue to be with me as I set you as Lord and Savior of my life. Give me the strength to hold up to your standards. I thank you and pray this in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: