Saturday, January 26, 2008

Slow Down and Be Still

Exodus 14:12-14
12 Didn't we say to you in Egypt, 'Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians'? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!"

13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."


There are so many times that God wants to help us out. I know that He is always there with me, it's just that I don't know it because life is moving so fast and I don't spend the time to stop and know that He is my God. We are all so busy with life: school, friends, work, that we forget to just stop and "smell the roses."

We need to take life more slowly. I believe God didn't want us to work work work and not have time to live life. It is much harder for Him to talk to us when we are so busy with life. Every moment in the day we have to be doing something. We need to spend that slow steady quiet time to just live life and I know God will speak to us.

Lord, I thank you for your word. Let me be more slow in life, so that you may speak to me. I pray that I be able to slow down my life and life live like how You wanted me to live. Lord, I pray that I spend more of that time with you, in your presence, so that I may build that relationship with you. I thank you and glorify your name.
Amen.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Hey Alan, we kinda used the same scriptures today. Ha ha, that's cool. Well, keep up your journaling. I need to start doing mines everyday.