Saturday, January 05, 2008

Away From the Crowd In Prayer

Luke 5:14-15
14Then Jesus ordered him, "Don't tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."

15Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. 16But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.


Jesus was going around healing people left and right. Everyone heard what he was doing and wanted to see him. Jesus did heal many more, but at times, he knows when to still keep time for the Lord God. He would take time away from the crowd and spend that time alone praying to God.

I need to spend more time in my life praying to my God. He is the awesome creator and savior of my life. He deserves more time in my life. I need to make a DELIBERATE attempt to spend more time in prayer and in His presence.

Father God, I pray that I be like you. You know that there is a time to witness and be doing things for the church, and you know when to spend time in prayer. Lord, let me be committed to prayer with you daily. Lord, let my lifestyle change so that I make time to spend that time in prayer. Lord, I thank you and I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: