Saturday, January 05, 2008

T5+: Into The Unknown

When the pilgrims boarded the Mayflower to set sail for America in the seventeenth century, they were probably filled with both expectation and fear. They were going to a new land, a place filled with promise and opportunity. But they also understood that the journey would be filled with peril. They would face storms and illness on the open sea. The possibility of shipwreck was real. If they made their destination, there would be new struggles as they learned to survive in a strange place.

But many of the pilgrims shared a desire to worship God freely. This motivation helped spur them on toward the unknown.
The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you" (Genesis 12:1)

Abram left everything familiar out of a sincere desire to serve God. Because of Abram's faith and obedience, God made him the father of a great nation, Israel.

Trusting God sometimes means stepping out into the unknown. We don't have to know what's ahead as long as we know God is leading the way. We can confidently follow Him, assured that He loves us and wants what's best for us.

I know that I can trust the Lord my God with my future because He is the one that desires me to have a full life. I know the Lord will provide like how He has provided me with all the blessings that He has blessed me with already. I have food, shelter, good health, family, friends, opportunity for education, work, and to worship God freely. The good Lord has blessed me so much with all that I need and more. I know that He will provide for me in the future.

Father God, I thank you for all the blessings that you have provided for me. Lord, I thank you for the great things that you have blessed me with, and I know Lord that I can trust in you for all things. You said that I should not need to worry about tomorrow if I trust in you with all my heart. Lord, I take that promise in Jesus name, that you will provide for me. Lord, I thank you and let me continue to trust in you. I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: