Sunday, January 06, 2008

An Overflowing Heart

Luke 6:43-45
43"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.


This scripture talks about the outward flow of what is in our hearts. If you have good in your heart, then good will flow out from you, but if you have evil in your heart, then evil will flow out from you.

Lets examine our hearts and see if we have any evil sins within us. Let us fill our hearts with the desires of the Lord that is good. Let our hearts be filled with what is good, so that when we are filled with what is Holy, our outward flows out things that God desires.

Father God, I thank you for this word. Lord, I pray that my heart be holy in your name. Lord, I know that it first starts in the heart. Let my heart be filled with what you desire and Holy in your name so that it will overflow with the worship and the praises and the glory that you want. I thank you for this word. Let me continue to walk in your presence in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: