Monday, December 24, 2007

T5+: Harvested Little?

Dan, like many people, was deeply in debt. He worked long and hard, even working a second job from time to time. Nevertheless, it seemed like the money evaporated before it could get the bills paid.

On his way to make some extra money, he was listening to a radio preacher. He told how god's people in the Old Testament, after bing released from Babylonian captivity, had neglected to rebuild the temple, their place to meet god and worship Him. they had focused on their own homes and forgotten God's house. To get their attention, God brought disaster on their crops and other projects.
"You have planted much, but have harvested little. you eat, but never have enough...Why?" declares the Lord Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house" (Haggai 1:6,9)

Dan realized that he had been so busy making a living that he too had forgotten about supporting God's work. He pulled off the road and asked God to forgive him and help put Him first. Soon afterward, Dan found that God's financial blessing was beginning to flow in his life again.

With the message that Pastor Ray was giving, we each take our parts in helping clean and work hard to maintain the church for the Lord. These things are such as cleaning up and taking out the trash, doing ministry work through consolidation and discipleship and calling up and checking up on those who you are discipling. God says that He will have a reward in heaven for the things that are given to His servants.

Father God, I thank you for your love for me that you may give your Son to die for my sins. Lord, I thank you and I know that you want to have the church, you body of people, keep your temple and holy place maintained as well as the ministry that you have put us to take care of running. Lord, Let me be a servant for you and do as you say with a humble heart. Lord, I thank you for the opportunity to humble myself for you. Let me grow from this. I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: