Thursday, December 27, 2007

T5+: He Gives to Everyone

Most people find it easy to be nice to someone who's been nice to them first. The opposite is also true: When people have been cheated, badmouthed, or injured by someone, revenge is likely on their minds. How does this compare to God's actions and attitude?

Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; it is the Lord who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone. (Zechariah 10:1)

God is on the receiving end of human sin countless times every day. Every time someone breaks one of His commands, it is an insult to the One who gave us life to begin with. However, God continues to give the human race the basic things it needs for survival: The prophet Zechariah mentions rain and plant life, two things we couldn't live without.

God's kindness and generosity is the best example for the believer. Just as He gives certain blessings to everyone regardless of their response, Christians need to act [and react] similarly to those around them. God's generous ways lead people to turn toward Him and away from their sin. Your behavior as a believer can also help people turn to God.

Sometimes it is hard to be generous to those around me because I am always caught up in the things that I am doing, what I am focusing on at that time. It seems like there isn't enough time to help myself out as well as someone else. We all have the urge to help ourselves first before we do anything for anyone else.

Father God, I thank you for your word and the message of blessing others, not just myself. Lord, I thank you for having the opportunities to bless others. Lord, I thank you for your blessings and the great love that you give to each one of us. I thank you and let me do as you have shown and be a blessing to others, belivers and non believers, so that all may know that you are my God. I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: