Monday, November 12, 2007

The Body of Christ

1 Cor 12:14-20
14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.


Everyone has a role in the Body of Christ. Every part is vital for the unity of the body of Christ. Christ has designated us each with our own parts. Each part is our duty for the Church.

With everyone having their own duty, we each have something to be responsible for. God has given us responsibility for our part in the Church. We make up the Body of the Church, and we are each the Church.

Father God, I thank you for this unity of the Church. Lord, I know that you have given each one of us a task and a responsibility to do. Lord, I pray that you strengthen our unity and build each other up so that we may do as you have asked. Lord, I thank you for your love for us. I thank you for your blessings and I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: