Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Go With The Sinners

Luke 15:1-5
1Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. 2But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." 3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'


Jesus tells the story of the shepard and the lost sheep. The shepard goes to the sheep to find it.

Like Jesus, he went to the sinners to be where they were to lead them back to God. Like Jesus, we must sometimes go out to where the sinners are and lead them to where God is.

Father God, I thank you for your words. Lord, let your words be my guide. Let your words be the light that I use in this dark world. Lord, I thank you for your words. I pray that I may be more like you. Lord, let me learn by your examples and go to where you want me to go, even if it maybe where the sinners are. Lord, I pray that these words become alive to my life. I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: