Saturday, October 06, 2007

Those That Reject Him

Luke 19:11-15
11While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12He said: "A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a]'Put this money to work,' he said, 'until I come back.'

14"But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.'

15"He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.



Here the people of the nation were revolting against their new king. Jesus gave this story to the people in Jerusalem to show them some of the things that they might do. Like the king in the story, people in Jerusalem will also revolt against King Jesus.

There will always be people do will deny Jesus. When God is loving and kind and wants to rule in our lives, people will deny him and revolt against Him. We need to first make him rule over our lives, and second, pray for those that reject Jesus as Lord, so that they too will let Him be in their lives.

Father God, I thank you for you are good and you are great. Lord, I pray that you may rule in my life. Take my life in your hands and, in faith, I know that you are in control. Lord, I pray for those who don't have a relationship with you as Christ Jesus. Lord, I pray that you will open their hearts. Let me show those who deny you how good you are. Lord, I thank you for your words. I give you all the glory in Christ Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: