Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sharing The Good News

Jerem 20:7-9
7 O LORD, you deceived [b] me, and I was deceived [c] ;
you overpowered me and prevailed.
I am ridiculed all day long;
everyone mocks me.

8 Whenever I speak, I cry out
proclaiming violence and destruction.
So the word of the LORD has brought me
insult and reproach all day long.

9 But if I say, "I will not mention him
or speak any more in his name,"
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.


These are the words from Jeremiah the prophet, where the Lord has given him a word. Many of the words given are bad and disastrous, and every time he gets a word, he obeys the Lord and says it, even though it would not be good to declare doom over the whole land. How much more should we share the grace of God that Jeremiah shares the doom of the people.

We think that its not easy to share God's good words, but Jeremiah is sharing the doom of the people. That must really suck. But if he can do that, then we must also be able to share goodness through Christ Jesus.

Father God, I thank you for your goodness that you have brought to my life. Lord, I pray that I will be able to share your goodness to others, that it will be easier than what Jeremiah did. Lord, I pray that your glory be known through all of these. I pray that you be glorified in all these things and that you give me the opportunity to Do. I thank you Lord and give thank and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: