Thursday, August 09, 2007

Complete Faith

John 11:38-40
38So Jesus, again being deeply moved within, came to the tomb. Now it was a (AU)cave, and a stone was lying against it.

39Jesus said, "Remove the stone." Martha, the sister of the deceased, said to Him, "Lord, by this time there will be a stench, for he has been dead (AV)four days."

40Jesus said to her, "(AW)Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?"


Already Martha's faith was stumbled as she was questioning why Jesus wanted the tomb of Lazarus. She did not put complete faith in the works of Jesus.

Like Martha, sometimes my faith will only go so far. It sometimes would not be complete faith in God. I would only go half way before stopping, sometimes unknowingly, without complete faith in God. Jesus says to have faith in Him and He will show God's glory.

Father God, I thank you for your greatness and your Love for me. Lord, I pray that this verse of faithfulness, complete faith, strengthen my desire to know you. Lord, let my faith not stray, but be focused completely on you. Lord, I thank you for this word from you. I also pray for the healing touch that is needed for auntie violet. I pray that we press on in prayer. Lord, let the continuous prayer have complete faith in You. I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: