Sunday, August 05, 2007

He Speaks From The Unexpected

2 Chron 35:20-22
20(W)After all this, when Josiah had set the temple in order, Neco king of Egypt came up to make war at (X)Carchemish on the Euphrates, and Josiah went out to engage him.

21But Neco sent messengers to him, saying, "(Y)What have we to do with each other, O King of Judah? I am not coming against you today but against the house with which I am at war, and God has ordered me to hurry. Stop for your own sake from interfering with God who is with me, so that He will not destroy you."

22However, Josiah would not turn away from him, but (Z)disguised himself in order to make war with him; nor did he listen to the words of Neco (AA)from the mouth of God, but came to make war on the plain of (AB)Megiddo.


Sometimes the word of the Lord comes even from the least expected. Here, it comes from the enemy, but is still words from the Lord.

We need to be attune to God's words so that from where ever it may come from, we will know that it is His words and that it is His will.

Father God, I thank you for your word and I want to glorify your name with them. Lord, I pray that your words speak truth. Let me have my spirit be close to yours so that I may learn to hear your words. I want to be able to hear your truth in all these things. I thank you Lord and I want to give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: