Sunday, August 26, 2007

Humble Over Pride

3 John 1:9
9I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us.

Here I believe that John is saying that Diotrephes is a type of person that likes to be first, thinking about himself. To me, this verse speaks of humbling yourself. It is so hard for God to work in someone's life and to do something with their life if they are not humble. Pride can get in the way.

I need to leave my pride out of all things and be humble in the face of the Lord. If I don't leave my pride, then it is so much more harder to ever have anything done with the spirit of God.

Father God, I thank you for your love, for your peace, for your mercy. Lord, I thank you for your cross that you took in my place. Lord, I want to be holy and humble in your name. Let me not be prideful of all things, but humble so that you may work in my life. Lord, I want to pray that you change my life to be more humble in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: