Friday, August 17, 2007

The Good Figs

Jerem 24:3-7
3Then the LORD said to me, "(E)What do you see, Jeremiah?" And I said, "Figs, the good figs, very good; and the bad figs, very bad, which cannot be eaten due to rottenness."

4Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

5"Thus says the LORD God of Israel, 'Like these good figs, so I will regard (F)as good the captives of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans.

6'For I will set My eyes on them for good, and I will (G)bring them again to this land; and I will (H)build them up and not overthrow them, and I will (I)plant them and not pluck them up.

7'I will give them a (J)heart to know Me, for I am the LORD; and they will be (K)My people, and I will be their God, for they will (L)return to Me with their whole heart.


The Lord is a good and merciful God. He knows the hearts of our desires and knows which heart is good and which heart is bad. In this passage, He says that he will take the good figs, the ones with good hearts, and let them prosper.

I need to always have my heart be right with the Lord. I need to always have a heart after His own heart. If I do so, then I will draw closer to Him.

Father God, I thank you for your word. I thank you for having me be able to draw closer to you. You said that you will take the good hearts and give them a heart to know you. Lord, I want to know you more. I pray that you guide me in all that I do and strengthen me. I thank you and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: