Monday, August 20, 2007

Devotions with The Joy of the Lord

1 John 1:3-4
3We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4We write this to make our[a] joy complete.


Even as it says here, we write this out of joy. Even though John is writing to others a letter from the Lord, I am writing this devotion for myself to the Lord, but with joy.

I have to remember the joy part when doing my daily devotions. Sometimes it can be hard to do your devotions without the joy and just doing it to just do it. I must always remember the joy of the Lord when doing my devotions for Him.

Father God, I thank you and praise your name that I may have this time to sit down and read your words and to pray to you. Lord, I thank you with a heart full of joy to be able to grab breath from these words. Lord, I thank you and always give you praises in all things. Lord, let these words speak to me and as I write this, let me do it with a heart of joy. Lord, I thank you and give all the glory to you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: