Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wanting More

Matt 19:18-22
18Then he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "(R)YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

19(S)HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and (T)YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

20The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?"

21Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and (U)sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have (V)treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

22But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.


This man who is seeking Jesus wanted to know what he can do to get into the kingdom of heaven. He has followed all the commands and asked Jesus what else he can do. Many times We are told to do things, and we do it. After that, we are content with everything, but few ask for more.

I do not want to be content in life. I do not want to be a content christian. I want more. I want to do more. I want more expected of me. Even though I don't know if I can do it, I want more. What more can I do for my class, for my family, for God?

Father, I thank you for all of your blessings. Father I give you thanks for everything you have put in my life, but I want more. What more can I do for you. What more can I do for others. I don't want to settle for content. I don't want to settle for good enough. I want a higher standard. I want more in myself. I want to pray that in your name. I give you all the glory and let this word of yours be kept in my heart. I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: