Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No Worry Whose First

1 Chron 25:8-10
8(I)They cast lots for their duties, all alike, the small as well as the great, the teacher as well as the pupil.

9Now the first lot came out for Asaph to Joseph, the second for Gedaliah, he with his relatives and sons were twelve;

10the third to Zaccur, his sons and his relatives, twelve;


As humans, we are all in the same boat. We have all sinned and fallen short of God's Holiness. We are no different than the ones before us. We have all sinned against God. As Christians, we serve out God, the one and true God. There is no greater among ourselves, because only God is greater than us. The pastor is no greater in the eyes of God than the ushers. The elders is no greater in the eyes of God than the children. There is no shortcut when it comes to God's decisions.

My relationship with God is between Him and I. Me being better than someone else is not going to change my relationship with Him. I want to build my relationship with my God and not worry about who is who. All of us are in the same boat, and we should not worry about who is first among us and who is last, but how our relationship with God is.

Father God, I thank you for your Spirit to come into my life. Lord, I invite your Spirit to be with me. Let me know you more. I thank you for the relationship that we have, that I may be able to come to know your as a personal God. I thank you for your word, that I may not worry about this world, but to focus on you, Lord. I thank you for this rhema, and I pray that you be closer in my life. I give you all the honor and the praises in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: