Saturday, May 05, 2007

Knowing Your Words

Matt 22:25-30

25"Now there were seven brothers with us; and the first married and died, and having no children left his wife to his brother;

26so also the second, and the third, down to the seventh.

27"Last of all, the woman died.

28"In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had married her."

29But Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, (V)not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.

30"For in the resurrection they neither (W)marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Many times we are like these people who do not understand the Lord and His words. We sometimes misunderstand, or we don't fully comprehend the meaning of what Jesus was telling us. We don't understand the thing that he is trying to teach us.

As I read the Lord's words, I want to be able to know what He is saying to me. I want to understand what he is tring to get to in his words. I don't want to misunderstand His words. I want the Holy Spirit to speak into me as I read His words so that I may understand His words more.

Father God, I thank you for your son Jesus Christ for dying for my sins. Lord, I thank you for Your words. Your words are life in my life. It is the light that shines in my life, guiding me. I thank you for your words Lord. I pray that I understand your words and I pray that it speaks into my life. I pray that I not misunderstand what you want to tell me. Holy Spirit breath these words in my life so that I may apply it. I thank you for all these things. I give you all the honor and glory in Christ Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: