Monday, May 07, 2007

The Fight Against Yourself

2 Sam 13:1-2
1Now it was after this that (A)Absalom the son of David had a beautiful sister whose name was (B)Tamar, and (C)Amnon the son of David loved her.

2Amnon was so frustrated because of his sister Tamar that he made himself ill, for she was a virgin, and it seemed hard to Amnon to do anything to her.


It is always a struggle with the flesh when your body craves something. In this case, Amnon was lusting over his sister. Our body and our flesh is strong, but our spirit needs to be stronger and control ourselves. If we are not in control, sin can come and devour our soul.

It is always hard to control sexual temptation. God's Holy Spirit gives me strength to control my flesh. I can not let my flesh take over, but I must come to the Lord and give my whole self to Him. I have to let Him take control.

Father God, I thank you for the Holy Spirit. Lord, I give you all the praise and all the glory. I thank you for what you have done in my life. I know that you are here. I know that you are with me. I give you my body, do with it as you will. I give you all earthly temptations. Let me not be stumbled by them, but let me focus on You. Lord, I pray this in you because your name gives me strength. I thank you for this word. Let it be with me this week. I give you all the glory in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: