Monday, April 23, 2007

Speak, God.

1 Sam 3:8-10

8GOD called again, "Samuel!"-the third time! Yet again Samuel got up and went to Eli, "Yes? I heard you call me. Here I am."
That's when it dawned on Eli that GOD was calling the boy. 9So Eli directed Samuel, "Go back and lie down. If the voice calls again, say, "Speak, GOD. I'm your servant, ready to listen.'" Samuel returned to his bed.

10Then GOD came and stood before him exactly as before, calling out, "Samuel! Samuel!"
Samuel answered, "Speak. I'm your servant, ready to listen."


Samuel is a boy who is starting to know the Lord. He first hears God when he is sleeping. When God calls him, he wants God to speak to his life, and he is listening.

I know that God is sometimes talking to me. I have to let Him speak to my life. I have to open up to Him and listen to what he is telling me. I need to have a relationship with the Lord so that He is able to speak to me like how He is speaking to Samuel.

Father God, I thank you for you are most Holy. Lord, I know that you are always talking to my spirit. Lord, I pray that my relationship with you lets me know you closely, so that I may hear your voice. Lord, I thank you for this connection that we have, that we can talk to one another. Lord, I pray all these things in your glory, so that You will be praised, in Jesus Name.
Amen.

No comments: