Saturday, April 21, 2007

Develop Yourself

Luke 16:10-11

10Jesus went on to make these comments:

If you're honest in small things,
you'll be honest in big things;

11If you're a crook in small things,
you'll be a crook in big things.


There are things that we have to do in order to have bigger responsibilities. God says here that you must be able to handle the little things before taking up the bigger things. Work on the little things and the big things will come, and you will be ready for them.

I know that the little things matter. For sports, the free throws, the bumping, it all leads to better overall playing. For responsibilities, working the little things will lead to bigger responsibilities. God wants us to develop, not to jump right in.

Father God, I thank you for this relationship that we have. Lord, I pray that you will be with me as I develop into a better relationship with you and others. Lord, I pray that you let me know you through these words and to let me grow more in you. Strengthen me as I take on the little things so that I may do that bigger things for you. Lord, I thank you and I give you all the praise and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: