Tuesday, April 03, 2007

In This World, We Need His Grace

Deuteronomy 29:
27So GOD's anger erupted against that land and all the curses written in this book came down on it. 28GOD, furiously angry, pulled them, roots and all, out of their land and dumped them in another country, as you can see."


God's people were told not to stray away from His commandments. God told them that if they they do, then many curses and bad things will be poured out of heaven against them. God's love is there, but anger is shown.

This reminds me of how things are in this country. There are many terrible diseases, many people suffering, many people that are dying and war is everywhere. Natural disasters are destroying the land everyday. God's anger and fury can be seen in all of this, and it is justified. We the people are not pleasing God. We are not holy and righteous. His anger rages as we disobey Him.

Father God, I want to thank you for your love that you have shown us. For your Son, Christ Jesus, for dying for my sins. Lord, I see the world and I see all the destruction and the diseases and war that is happening within the country, and I pray that your love for us be shown in all of this. That your love for us will not let us lose hope that all of this world is only temporary, and that we will see you in heaven. Lord, I want to give you all the glory. Lord, I pray that this world be like the Israelites, where you have compassion for us. Lord, I want to give this prayer for the land which is lost, that we seek you, that we may know you. Lord, I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: