Tuesday, April 10, 2007

God Power Is Given

Luke 10:17-20

17The seventy came back triumphant. "Master, even the demons danced to your tune!"

18Jesus said, "I know. I saw Satan fall, a bolt of lightning out of the sky. 19See what I've given you? Safe passage as you walk on snakes and scorpions, and protection from every assault of the Enemy. No one can put a hand on you. 20All the same, the great triumph is not in your authority over evil, but in God's authority over you and presence with you. Not what you do for God but what God does for you--that's the agenda for rejoicing."


God has given us power to do His will. He has given us the power of Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit. His power is His grace. His grace is something that we can thank Him for. Using His power that He gave us, we do what He wants. God did this for us, we are not doing this for Him.

God gave me the Holy Spirit and I want to use it for Him. His will is to let others know of his grace and mercy and His love for them. His Holy Spirit gives me strength and courage so that I may share His words and do it for Him, my God.

Father God, your name is lovely and your mercy is so great. Lord, I praise you for your Holy Spirit power that you have given to me. Lord, let me use it for your glory, for your kingdom. Lord, I give you my life so that you can use me to share to others your love. Lord, I give it to you because you are gracious. I give it all to you because you first loved me. Lord, let me know this word you gave me, so that I can remember your grace. I thank you and praise you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: