Monday, April 16, 2007

Focus Your Attention

Luke 13:24
24"Whether few or many is none of your business. Put your mind on your life with God. The way to life--to God!-is vigorous and requires your total attention. A lot of you are going to assume that you'll sit down to God's salvation banquet just because you've been hanging around the neighborhood all your lives.


This verse speaks to me about knowing God. Do I really know God? Jesus is answering, and He is saying to stay focus on the Lord, because when we are in heaven, only He will know who is who.

I want to focus on the Lord, my God. I want to have my attention on the Lord. Just because I have "been around" all my life does not mean salvation is here. I have to know the Lord, and make him first in my life.

Father God, I thank you for your Son Jesus Christ for dying for my sins. Lord, I want to know your more. I want to see you in heaven. Lord, let me know you so that I can stay focus on you. Lord, I pray that I have my attention set on you so that I may not stray away. I thank you for this prayer and I pray all these things in Jesus Name.
Amen.

No comments: