Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Be Yourself

Luke 14:10-11
10"When you're invited to dinner, go and sit at the last place. Then when the host comes he may very well say, "Friend, come up to the front.' That will give the dinner guests something to talk about! 11What I'm saying is, If you walk around with your nose in the air, you're going to end up flat on your face. But if you're content to be simply yourself, you will become more than yourself."


When you are yourself, God will make you great. Jesus' story here is about humbling yourself. Do not be someone who you are not and to keep your boastfulness in check. He says that, if you do this, then you will find yourself blessed.

I try to be a humble person. God's promise here is that if you are humble, then you will find out great things about yourself. You will be blessed. You will get more than you expected. He says to be simply yourself, because that is who you are.

Father God, I love you with all my heart. Lord, I can not thank you enough for what you have done for me. Lord, I thank you for your grace and I thank you for letting me be humble. I know that if I humble myself, you will be pleased. Lord, I pray that the blessings will pour out from heaven. I pray that you will have your spirit with me. Lord, I thank you for what you have done. I pray that you will always give me strength to be myself. I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: