Monday, April 30, 2007

Don't Face The Ground

Matt 17:5-8
5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, (D)a voice out of the cloud said, "(E)This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"

6When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified.

7And Jesus came to them and touched them and said, "Get up, and (F)do not be afraid."

8And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one except Jesus Himself alone.


Sometimes we are like the disciples. We only see for a glimpse the holiness of God. We are sometimes in the presence of the Lord, but we hide ourselves. We put our face down and hide ourselves. After we hide ourselves, our focus is gone. We lose focus on the Lord. When we get back up, His spirit is gone. We need to stay focus on the Lord.

I know that I have hidden my face in the ground. I know that I have lost track of focusing on the Lord many times. I want to keep my eyes on His holiness. I want to feel his presence. I want to be able to see His Holy Spirit in front of me.

Father God, I thank you for your Holy Spirit. Lord, I thank you for what you have done in my life. I thank you for all the blessings you have given to me. I know I am blessed. I thank you. I pray over these words that I know you. That I can know how it is like to be in your presence. Lord, I thank you for your Holy Spirit and the power that it has to change hearts. I pray that I come into your presence and know you. I thank you for this word Lord and let it change me. I thank all these things and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: