Sunday, April 29, 2007

God's Will Is Good

Matt 16:21-23
21From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.

22Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You."

23But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."


Anything that is not of the will of God, is of the flesh. God wants the best for us. He knows what we should do. He has plans for us. Satan wants to drag us down so that we will not rise up to heaven.

Some of the things that we do, we must look at it and think if it is according to God's will. Sometimes the devil is a tricky person and hides things as if it were good for us, as if it would benefit us, but ask God to show truth and his will to us.

Father God, I thank you for your Loving grace that is given to us. Lord, I pray that your word not return void for me. I pray for these words that are spoken to me, that I keep it in my heart that I may know you. Let me grow from this. Let me know your good will for me, and let me know what is your will and what is of the flesh. Help me be accountable to myself through your Holy Spirit. I thank you and pray all these things in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: