Sunday, March 18, 2007

Only God's Words

Numbers 22:38
38Balaam said to Balak, "Well, I'm here now. But I can't tell you just anything. I can speak only words that God gives me--no others."


Balaam, a priest of God, is doing God's will. This King Balak is going against the Israelites. This King wants Balaam to pray against these people, but being God's servant, may only pray what God's will is.

We must know what God's will is. We can only pray what His will may be. He gives us the words and we can only speak his words. If we put in our own words, his message becomes humane, not holy anymore.

Father God, I thank you for your words. Your words are most holy. Lord, I pray that you give me words from your own heart, and let me only speak those words. Let me not speak my own words but your words. Lord, I pray that you be given all the glory when your words are spoken. Lord, I thank you for your words, I thank you for all of your blessings. Lord, I pray that you be with me and let your words move my heart and change me this week. Give me strength and give me power from your Holy Spirit. I pray all these things in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: