Wednesday, March 14, 2007

No Stay Lazy, Start Praying

Mark 14:37-38
37He came back and found them sound asleep. He said to Peter, "Simon, you went to sleep on me? Can't you stick it out with me a single hour? 38Stay alert, be in prayer, so you don't enter the danger zone without even knowing it. Don't be naive. Part of you is eager, ready for anything in God; but another part is as lazy as an old dog sleeping by the fire."


Indeed, this is so true to that everyone, especially me, is eager to serve the lord, but there is also a part of me which is lazy. Its two separate beings fighting each other. In general I am really lazy. I feel like I really, really want to go back to sleep even though I slept enough. Sometimes I don't feel like doing anything even though I know I have to do it. God says that you should always be in prayer, so that you are always ready.

I need to be ready. I need to prepare myself more through prayer. I can't be lazy and stop praying all the time. If I become lazy, then I will be caught off guard. I will be tempted and I will sin. I need to stop being lazy and be a servant for the Lord.

Father God, I thank you for this day that you have given me. I thank you for your word of being ready. I thank you for your word of not being lazy. Father, I thank you for the blessings you have provided for me. Let your message move me and change my character. I pray that I not be a lazier person, not be a lazy christian, and that I pray more so that I can be ready for you. I thank you and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: