Saturday, March 03, 2007

Jesus Asks You...

Mark 8:27-29

27Jesus and his disciples headed out for the villages around Caesarea Philippi. As they walked, he asked, "Who do the people say I am?"

28"Some say "John the Baptizer,'" they said. "Others say "Elijah.' Still others say "one of the prophets.'"

29He then asked, "And you--what are you saying about me? Who am I?"
Peter gave the answer: "You are the Christ, the Messiah."



Jesus is asking us who we think He is. Jesus, the Son of Man, the One who died for our sins, is asking us who we think He is. He is also asking us what we say about Him. In some cases, what are we NOT saying about Him. He who died for our sins, our Lord and Savior. Do we talk to Him as if He is our friend?

I know that Jesus is my Lord and my Savior. He is the one that I put all my life into. I serve Him because He has died for my sins, so that I may live with Him in Heaven. Jesus is also asking what we are saying about Him. I want to say more about Him to everyone. I want to share Him words with everyone I know.

Lord, I thank you for dying of the cross for my sins. I praise you and worship you with all of my heart. Lord, I thank you for what you have done. You are my Lord, and You are my Savior. I put you first. Let me have strength to put you first in my life. I thank you for your Holy Spirit. Lord, I ask that you give me strength to say everything we can about You. Lord, let me be a light that shines your glory. I thank you for using me. I pray these all in your glorious name.
Amen.

No comments: