Sunday, March 04, 2007

He Died For My Doubts

Mark 9:17-24

17A man out of the crowd answered, "Teacher, I brought my mute son, made speechless by a demon, to you. 18Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, grinds his teeth, and goes stiff as a board. I told your disciples, hoping they could deliver him, but they couldn't."

19Jesus said, "What a generation! No sense of God! How many times do I have to go over these things? How much longer do I have to put up with this? Bring the boy here." 20They brought him. When the demon saw Jesus, it threw the boy into a seizure, causing him to writhe on the ground and foam at the mouth.

21He asked the boy's father, "How long has this been going on?"
"Ever since he was a little boy. 22Many times it pitches him into fire or the river to do away with him. If you can do anything, do it. Have a heart and help us!"

23Jesus said, "If? There are no "ifs' among believers. Anything can happen."

24No sooner were the words out of his mouth than the father cried, "Then I believe. Help me with my doubts!"


We always bring our problems to the Lord, hoping that the Lord will do something. What God wants from us is to have faith that He will do something. He will heal the sick and the blind, He will help us with our problems, He will give us strength to go on. This man that brought his son before Jesus had very little faith that Jesus could heal his son. Jesus asked how long his son was sick like this and he answered, saying it has been since he was little. For such a long time, his son has been sick like this so, of course, he would have doubts that Jesus could heal his son. What he had to do was put his doubts aside and give it to Jesus, let Him take it all, then Jesus could heal his son. It is by faith that God can move through us.

I sometimes also have some doubt. Maybe I would pray to God to help me, give me strength, but I rely solely on myself. Maybe I pray that he heals me, but I don't think he will do it anytime soon. I also need to put my doubts aside. I need to give my doubts and give it to Him. Jesus died for my sins, and he also died for my doubts, so that I may give my all to Him.

Lord, I thank you for you dying on the cross for my sins. Lord, I thank you for what you have done, for all that you have blessed me with. I pray that I give my doubt to you. That you take all of me. That you can let my faith grow in you, so that you can move in me. I pray that the doubt that I have be sacrificed to you and that my faith in you can move mountains. I thank you for you have done and I pray that this rhema be with me as I live for you this week. I pray this all in your glorious name.
Amen.

No comments: