Saturday, March 10, 2007

God's House

Numbers 1:47-51
47The Levites, however, were not counted by their ancestral family along with the others. 48GOD had told Moses, 49"The tribe of Levi is an exception: Don't register them. Don't count the tribe of Levi; don't include them in the general census of the People of Israel. 50Instead, appoint the Levites to be in charge of The Dwelling of The Testimony--over all its furnishings and everything connected with it. Their job is to carry The Dwelling and all its furnishings, maintain it, and camp around it. 51When it's time to move The Dwelling, the Levites will take it down, and when it's time to set it up, the Levites will do it. Anyone else who even goes near it will be put to death.


The Levites were God chosen people to take care of God's house. They were special in that they had this very special and specific task. They are some of the most humble servants of God. The Levites must humble themselves to God and do what He has asked. We are also servants of God. He also wants us to take care of his house. We have the opportunity to clean his house, to make sure everything is in order.

God's house is a house for prayer. His house is Holy. We are to take care of it because God has asked us to take care of His Temple. This means to take care of the house in our hearts as well as the church because they are both God's house. Both should be made holy for Him.

Father God, I thank you for this word that you have given to me. Lord, I pray to you with a holy heart that you change me. Change me to be a humble servant for you. Let me do your will and take care of your house that you live in. Whether it be the house in me that your holy spirit lies, to make it clean, to make it holy, to do good, to do righteous; or your church that your people go to, so that it may be made clean and respectable and honorable for you. Lord, I pray that this verse be with me so that I may make your house Holy. Lord, I thank you and I pray this all in your name.
Amen.

No comments: